Sunday, November 04, 2007

Swan Inn Liverpool

Liverpool has it's fair share of great pubs, but you'd be forgiven for walking straight past the dubious-looking Swan on your way to check out the toilets in the 'Phil'. I first went in the Swan on my wife's insistance, as she'd spent many a debauched night there in her youth.

This is a rock/metal pub, and a real spit and sawdust type of a joint. The jukebox is loud and the first time I ventured over to it, I was met with dozens of disapproving eyes wondering what the straight-looking bloke was going to ruin their afternoons with. Fortunately I know my grunge/punk and managed to fill the air with something suitably brutal.

This may make it sound like like the type of place you should give a wide berth to, but it's actually a really friendly place. A real night out, get lashed and have a laugh type of place. You've got a far greater chance of getting into trouble at one of those god-awful city centre pubs where the blokes all drink small bottles of expensive yet crap lager and stink of Lynx deodorant.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home